Most of the people who keep pets try to have a dog as a pet. Because the not only dog is a faithful animal but it also proved to be a good friend. They are the best companions for lonely people as they do not let them feel alone and give people a feeling of being loved. There are 5 easy steps on how to clean a dog bed without a removable cover.
Keeping a dog as a pet comes with great responsibility. It would help if you made your pet feel comfortable and keep it healthy, not need to make trips to your wet. Maintaining good hygiene is inevitably a necessary step in achieving this goal. If you do not keep a healthy and hygienic routine for your pet, they can suffer various skin infections, allergies, and matted hair, making your pet look more miserable.
- 1 Important aspects of pet hygiene
- 1.1 How to clean a dog bed without a removable cover
- 1.2 Ways to prevent more frequent washes
- 1.3 Waterproof backed bed without a removable cover
- 1.4 Air blower
- 1.5 Stain removal
- 1.6 Odor removal
- 1.7 Vacuum cleaner
- 1.8 Don’t forget to Disinfect a dog’s bed
- 1.9 Steps to wash the dog’s bed without a removable cover
- 1.10 How to clean a dog bed without a removable cover
Important aspects of pet hygiene
Apart from bathing and trimming your dog regularly and maintaining healthy nutrition, the most important step for having a healthy and happy dog is its bed’s cleanliness. That is because apart from your lap, the dog spends most of the time in its bed. A comfortable night’s sleep keeps the dog happy and healthy. So you must pay close attention to the hygiene and cleanliness of its bed.
How to clean a dog bed without a removable cover
There is a pro tip we want to give before you buy a comfortable and cozy bed for your dog. Check out the website and tags before buying. It gives you a lot of insight and helps you figure out how you can clean and wash it without a removable cover. You can buy a comfortable bed with outstanding design to match your house furniture, decore but it may not be that easy to wash more frequently.
So while buying a dog bed, you can also consider buying a matching waterproof backed cover. You can spread it on the bed of the dog. It can save you a lot of effort into washing the stuffy bed. It can save you from accidents like accidental spillage of food or pooping by the dog.
Ways to prevent more frequent washes
It would help if you washed your dog’s bed after a while, but there are a lot of ways you can prevent and avoid more frequent washes. It is challenging to wash a big dog bed, which takes a lot of time to dry and damages the bed’s stuff, and you won’t be sure whether the bed is completely clean or not. Furthermore, you will need to put it in the sun for many days to get it completely dry. You do not want to put your dog on a bed with moisture inside it. It will not only disturb your dog’s sleep but also can make your dog sick.
We are going to give you some pro tips to avoid such a situation
Waterproof backed bed without a removable cover
While buying a bed for your dog you can also consider buying a waterproof backed cover. Which you can place on the bed and wash it in the washing machine every now and then.
You can use an air blower to blow off the dog’s hair and hanging dust from the corgi bed you can use it on daily basis to keep the bed of your dog clean and dirt free. There are also a lot of gadgets that are meant for removing a dog’s hair from the bed like a pet hair removal broom, Hair removal roller, and lint brush.
You can remove individual stains from the bed by treating them individually instead of the whole bed you can add a small amount of vinegar, water, and some low chemical detergents, spray it on the stain and leave it for a while. After that, you can clean and blow-dry it.
You can use hydrogen peroxide to remove the stains of urine and then sprinkle some baking soda over it and then blow to remove the odor.
You can also remove the loose dust particles and pet hair from the bed with a vacuum cleaner. The pressure gradient will help to suck and remove all the loose particles hair and mites from the bed from all the curves. A vacuum cleaner is a handy device that will give you the best cleaning experience while maintaining a hygienic environment. It will save you a lot of time and effort. You can easily clean the bed while cleaning your house.
Don’t forget to Disinfect a dog’s bed
Dogs carry thousands of different kinds of germs with them all day long. Always remember to disinfect their bed so that your pet won’t fall ill. You can use some isopropyl alcohol to disinfect your bed.
Steps to wash the dog’s bed without a removable cover
These were some of the tips to avoid the troubles of washing bigger dog’s bed now here are some tips for washing them
- Whenever you need to wash your dog’s bed always remember to soak it in warm water for at least one hour before washing. As warm water has always been proven to be a very good disinfectant because it kills a lot of germs. You can also add some disinfectant and low chemical detergent to it. It will also help to loosen some stubborn stains
- Repeat the rinse cycle three to four times to ensure the removal of all the dirty and soapy water from it
- Put it in the tumble dryer
- Let it dry in the sun for at least two to three days
How to clean a dog bed without a removable cover
Remember some don’ts!
- Never use some harsh chemicals on a dog’s bed for washing as they can prove allergic for your dog and can cause some skin allergies
- Don’t wash your dog’s bed too often as it can damage the fabric and make it more uncomfortable for your dog to sleep on
- Do not do your own experiments to remove odor and stains from the bed. Always seek help from an expert before doing it
- Never mix bleach and ammonia containing products as their mixture can become toxic
So, if you have a dog at home with a really stylish and comfortable bed and worried about How to clean a dog bed without a removable cover then I hope the above-mentioned tips can be helpful for you to avoid all the possible troubles and you can have a happy and healthy dog to play with.